Translate

Tuesday 23 October 2012

LIFT OFF!

I started work early this morning. I left home 1/2 hour early (Rach had to take the kids to school)and by the time I made my way through all the traffic arrived 1/4 early.

I wanted to get on top of things before I had to go to the opening of the Airbus A350 Final Assembly Line (a big hangar where they assemble the parts of the plane). It was a flash do. They had the Blue carpet out and you were shown to your seat by one of the many pretty young ladies they had there. There was a lot of security as the French Prime Minister was there.





I sat next to some of the other Airbus rep's I have met. Whilst sitting there I recognised a Kiwi voice. It was coming from a couple seats to my left. I read his name tag and low and behold it was our strategy Manager who I am suppose meet tomorrow. So it was good to catch up with him and take him back to look at our aircraft.




Today our aircraft took off into the sky for the first time.





It was great to see it lift off the ground after all these months.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Route de Pibrac,Colomiers,France

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day, well done James, it must have been an awesome feeling watching your baby take off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic looking plane. Very distinctive. I would love to get the oportunity to fly in that. I will look for it in the sky over my house. You must be feeling very satisfied. Well done.

    ReplyDelete